Terms and Conditions
The European Business Awards welcomes you to The European Business Awards website. Please find below our terms and conditions for use of the website, which you may access in several ways, including but not limited to the World Wide Web and RSS feeds. These terms and conditions apply whenever you access the website, on whatever device.
By using the website, you are deemed to have accepted these conditions.
If you have registered with us and subsequently change your details, you should immediately notify us of any changes by emailing us at email@example.com.
Any changes we make to the terms and conditions will be reflected on this page.
1. Registration (for Newsletter)
When you register for items on The European Business Awards website, you are registering as a personal user of The European Business Awards. Access to registration areas is via your email address and password.
We allow you access to the registration areas of the site on the basis that:
- (i) Your email address and password are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else to access The European Business Awards.
- (ii) You will not do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain access to any registration area of The European Business Awards.
- (iii) You do not create additional registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the site, or other users; nor do you seek to pass yourself off as another user.
- (iv) You comply with these terms and conditions.
If, for any reason, we believe that you have not complied with these requirements, we may, at our discretion, cancel your access to the registration areas of The European Business Awards website immediately and without giving you any advance notice.
2. Termination of registration
If we wish to bring the agreement to an end, we will do so by emailing you at the address you have registered stating that the agreement has terminated. The agreement will terminate and your email address and password will become invalid on The European Business Awards website immediately.
3. Use of material appearing on The European Business Awards website
For the purposes of this agreement, “material” means material including, without limitation, text, video, graphics and sound material, published on the The European Business Awards website, whether copyright of The European Business Awards, Business For Growth Ltd or a third party.
You may download and print extracts from the material and make copies of these for your own personal and non-commercial use only. You are not allowed to download or print the material, or extracts from it, in a systematic or regular manner or otherwise so as to create a database in electronic or paper form comprising all or part of the material appearing on The European Business Awards website.
You must not reproduce any part of The European Business Awards website or the material or transmit it to or store it in any other website or disseminate any part of the material in any other form, unless we have indicated that you may do so.
We may be prepared to allow you to distribute or reproduce other parts of The European Business Awards website or the material in certain circumstances. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to apply for permission to do so.
4. Disclaimer of liability
To the extent permitted at law, we do not accept any responsibility for any statement in the material. You must not rely on any statement we have published on The European Business Awards website without first taking specialist professional advice. Nothing in the material is provided for any specific purpose or at the request of any particular person.
For the avoidance of confusion, we will not be liable for any loss caused as a result of your doing, or not doing, anything as a result of viewing, reading or listening to the material or any part of it (except for death or personal injury attributable to our negligence and to the extent permitted at law).
There are links on The European Business Awards website to third party web sites which The European Business Awards has no control over. The European Business Awards accepts no responsibility or liability for any third party practices on third party websites.
We give no warranties of any kind concerning The European Business Awards website or the material. In particular, we do not warrant that The European Business Awards website or any of its contents is virus free. You must take your own precautions in this respect as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything which has destructive properties.
5. Third party material on The European Business Awards website
You will see advertising material submitted by third parties on The European Business Awards website. Individual advertisers are solely responsible for the content of advertising material which they submit to us, including ensuring that it complies with relevant legislation. We accept no responsibility for the content of advertising material, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
6. Submitting text for publication on The European Business Awards website
If you want to submit material to us for publication on The European Business Awards website, you may do so on the following terms and conditions:
- (i) Publication of any material you submit to us will be at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to make additions or deletions to the text or graphics prior to publication, or to refuse publication.
- (ii) You warrant to us that any material you submit to us is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights.
- (iii) You warrant that the material you submit is not obscene, offensive, defamatory of any person or otherwise illegal.
- (iv) You acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause us damage or loss and you agree to indemnify us in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses.
7. Data protection
If you have indicated on the registration form that you wish to receive newsletters or direct marketing material, your personal details will be included in a database compiled for direct marketing purposes. From time to time, you may receive direct marketing information from us or from third parties.
If you have indicated that you wish to receive email updates only from The European Business Awards website, your personal details will be included on a database compiled for this specific purpose.
If you have indicated that you wish to receive direct marketing material or email updates from The European Business Awards website but subsequently change your mind, you should notify the user support team at email@example.com. As soon after this as is reasonably practicable, we will remove your name details from the relevant database.
These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the site after it has been posted.
9. Force majeure
Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to The European Business Awards website, we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
10. Governing Law & Jurisdiction
This agreement is governed by English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
11. Use of data for marketing materials
By entering the awards, entrants understand that the information they provide about their company (excluding turnover and pre tax profit information which will remain confidential at all time) may be used by the European Business Awards for marketing purposes at any time in the future.
12. Your entry into the European Business Awards is confidential unless you are selected, by the judges, as a National Champion in which case your business will be announced on the website. If you do not continue in the competition, competing with all the National Champions in the Video entry stage and wish to be removed from the next stage of the competition then your company will be removed from its postion as a National Champion.
13. Official rules of public voting in the European Business Awards
By participating in the voting of the European Business Awards video entry stage, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the official competition rules.
Voting is limited to one vote per verified email address. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the European Business Awards reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion.
Conduct and Decisions Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. If any Entrant is found to be soliciting votes in return for a purchase or payment of any kind, that Entrant will be disqualified at the European Business Awards sole discretion.
In the event of a tie, the Entries involved in the tie will be reviewed by the Chairman of Judges who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate Entries according to the judging criteria. Decision of judges is final and binding on all matters relating to this.