Get the recognition your business deserves
Since 2007, the European Business Awards has been shining a light on the most innovative businesses on the continent by promoting success, innovation and ethics in the European business community.
In 2014, the EBAs engaged with over 24,000 organisations in over 33 countries. Showcasing the best in class, past winners are from a diverse range of industries including cosmetics, pharmaceutical, engineering, fashion, online businesses, manufacturing and transport, were congratulated by an audience comprising heads of state, leading industrialists, entrepreneurs, business leaders, media owners and academics from across 33 European nations.
Participants represented a combined turnover of over €1 trillion Euros (8.23% of EU GDP)*, employing over 2.7 million people.
To register your interest for the 2015-16 programme, please click here.
Meanwhile, if you have any questions, please contact us here.
The European Business Awards’ primary purpose is to support the development of a stronger and more successful business community throughout Europe.
For all of the citizens of Europe, our prosperity, social and healthcare systems are reliant on us creating an even stronger, more innovative, successful, international and ethical business community - one that forms the beating heart of an increasingly globalised economy.
The Awards’ aims:
- to draw attention to and recognise our best businesses and what they are doing.
- to enable companies of all sizes and industries to compare themselves to and learn from the very best in Europe.
- to stimulate the debate about the future shape, form and substance of the business community in Europe.
In order to fund the running of the competition , the Awards deliver a range of products and services to the business community that generate income and are aligned with the objectives of the Awards. The range of products and services include: sponsorship, research, feedback and benchmarking.
Additionally, companies participating in the Awards are able to make a voluntary contribution towards the administration and running of the programme.
Through these activities the programme aims to be financially self sustaining.
Whether an organisation purchases a product or service, or makes any form of voluntary contribution, this will in no way influence the outcome of the competition.
The competition started in 2007
- In 2013/14:31 countries participated
- 17,000 companies engaged with the EBA
- 3000 were invited to enter
- 375 National Champions 30 National Public Champions
- 100 Ruban d’Honneur recipients
- 10 European Business Award Winners and 1 National Public Champion have announced at the Gala Ceremony in Athens on the 27th May 2014
Christine Lagarde, former French Minister of Economy, Finance and Employment, Head of the IMF, “It is wonderful that all 27 member states of Europe are together [in entering the European Business Awards]. We want a strong Europe and you are participating in the process of building a strong Europe, piece by piece.”
Yves Leterme, former Prime Minister of Belgium“I think the Business Awards is a very good stimulus for all these people who are working in small- medium enterprises and in bigger companies to always try to improve their results because it’s important that from the outside society is looking at it and is rewarding them and for their efforts.”
Karel De Gucht, former EU Trade Commissioner “We cannot get out of this crisis without businesses, that’s why I very much welcome the European Business Awards because it puts these businesses in the picture”
José María Aznar, former Prime Minister of Spain, “I have the highest opinion of the European Business Awards. It is a great initiative to promote the values and principles we believe in: liberty, democracy, freedom of speech, open markets and open societies.”
Petar Stoyanov, former President of Bulgaria, “This event inspires and stimulates European Business to reaching exacting criteria, where not only annual turnover and sales count, but also factors with high social importance – what we call business ethics.”
Muharrem Dörtkaşli, President and CEO of Turkish Aerospace Industries“This accolade provides us with a real sense of achievement and recognises our hard work and performance. We are always striving for excellence and it is a privilege that we are being celebrated as one of the best businesses in our industry, in our country and in Europe as a whole.”
Reasons to enter
- Show pride in your achievements and boost the morale of your stakeholders and employees
- Meet high level representatives from all industry sectors and every EU member state
- Benefit from extensive media and industry coverage for your company
The awards process
- Register and submit your completed written online Entry Form.
- National Champions selected by Judges from the online Entry Form Submissions. Country events held.
- Video Entries submitted by National Champions & uploaded to EBA website for public voting & Judging.
- Ruban D'Honneur recipients selected by Judges from the National Champions written Entry Form submission & Video Entry submission.
- Overall Category Winners are selected following Ruban D'Honneur face to face judging sessions and announced at EBA gala finale.
Benefits of entering
Watch the video below and see the 2012 Ruban d'Honneur recipients' journey from entering the awards to the finale in Turkey.
“We cannot get out of this crisis without businesses, that’s why I very much welcome the European Business Awards because it puts these businesses in the picture”Karel De Gucht, EU Trade Commissioner
Calendar of events
We are in the process of updating the European Business Awards 2015-16 calendar. Keep checking back to this page as new events are confirmed. If you are attending, please do not forget to share these events on your LinkedIn profile to let people know about them.
Closing date for entries:
Set up a reminder
1 July 2015
Monday 25 May 2015
18:30 - 23:00 Networking Drinks - Location: TBC
Tuesday 26 May 2015
14:00 -17.00 Conference & Networking – Location: London Hilton on Park Lane
18:30 – 23:30 Gala Dinner & Awards Ceremony Evening – Location: London Hilton on Park Lane